Job category: Logistics & Supply Chain Management / Other
Education Level: Bachelor
Work experience: 4 – 10 years
Ready for a new journey?
Do you understand there is much more in procurement than buying the right materials against the right prices? As a Technical Purchaser, you are responsible for the (technical) supplies for a dedicated group of oceangoing vessels. You manage the complete procurement process, from receipt of the requisition until the on-board delivery of the ordered goods and services. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be part of our global Purchasing department with operational buyers working in Europe and the USA.
What’s on your schedule
- Execute all operational purchasing requests coming from our ships.
- Stay in contact with the ship’s crew and superintendents.
- Make a bid list of potential suppliers and take part in the negotiations.
- Follow up on the delivery of purchase orders and take action when needed.
- You cooperate with other departments such as Logistics, Finance & Administration, Fleet Management, etc)
- You participate in improvement projects.
- You are experienced as a buyer within a technical working environment
- Preferably you are familiar with Incoterms
- Strong communication skills and a pro-active attitude.
- Experienced in managing expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced in Excel.
What’s there for you
- Grow your procurement expertise within the maritime industry.
- Build an international network of high-quality suppliers all over the world.
- Get familiar with one of the biggest harbours in the world: Rotterdam Europort.
Good to know
You will have the chance to work for an integrated logistics shipping company connecting all the big harbours around the globe. The core business is the transport and storage of bulk goods. Our innovative drive and entrepreneurial spirit are key to our success. Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply here below! We would like to receive a resume as well as a motivation letter. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
In case you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Dre Schelleken via email: boostyourcareer @ jointhedutch.com