Job Category: Engineering
Education Level: Master
Work experience: 4 – 10 years
Ready for a new journey?
In this position you have the chance to work in a multidisciplinary team in a top research institute that works towards sustainability in the Agrifood and Health domains. You will develop smart and robust embedded software solutions for our IoT sensor networks or medical devices that will be tested and deployed directly in the field. You will work in close collaboration with other Software Engineers, Sensor Application Engineers, Researchers, Data Scientists, and the hardware team.
What’s on your schedule
- Develop firmware on a Cortex-M processor platform to support sensor data acquisition, signal processing, storing and wireless transmitting (BLE, WiFi, LTE-M etc.) using FreeRTOS.
- Develop low level drivers for the Cortex-M processor on-chip peripherals (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.).
- Develop and execute test cases for (self or third party developed) software in Python and C/C++.
- Test and integrate embedded software in prototypes or simulators (unit, functional, integration and regression testing).
- Interface with internal and external customers on definition of specification, interfaces, progress, and deliverables.
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science, technical informatics, embedded systems, electrical engineering or similar.
- 3+ or 5+ years of experience in embedded software development and architecture definition for resource constrained systems, preferably in the field of wireless sensors, low-power or health.
- Strong interest in the field of personalized health solutions or precision agriculture
- Advanced in coding for embedded software systems that are resource (power, memory, computation) constrained (must).
- Excellent programming skills in C and C++ and experience with Python (must).
- You know how to operate a scope, a logic analyzer and can debug firmware and low level driver issues.
- Being able to read hardware schematics and understand functionality of the embedded system.
What’s there for you
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salary.
- 100% employer-paid pension plan.
- Flexible working hours.
- Training opportunities.
- International environment at the forefront of technology.
Good to know
The company is a research and innovation center that provides value to local, national and international stakeholders. Working in collaboration with renowned and globally respected research institutes and universities, this company researches and develops digital technology innovations in food, agriculture and health to create a healthier future. By working together with the industry, using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and digital technologies from different disciplines, they bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply here below! We would like to receive a resume as well as a motivation letter. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
In case you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Perine via email: email@example.com