Job category: Research & Development
Education Level: PhD
Work experience: 4-10 years
Ready for a new journey?!
One of our clients is looking for an experienced Photonics Researcher to set up new research tracks that exploit Photonics together with competencies such as CMOS design and Neuromorphic design in Health, Connectivity and Industrial applications. In this position, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team to develop novel integrated photonic devices and systems supporting research activities in some of the fields already mentioned.
Are you the qualified Photonics Researcher who is eager to lead this innovative research? If so, please send us your application!
What’s on your schedule
- PhD degree in (applied) physics, optical science, electronics or electrical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Silicon or III-V-based photonics technologies and designs.
- Excellent understanding of photonic system architecture where a heterogeneous integration of several technologies is applied is a must.
- Experienced in setting up research projects and roadmaps with internal and external partners.
- Solid knowledge about Silicon and/or Indium Phosphide photonics design, fabrication and characterization is required.
- Knowledge about CMOS design, -both analog and digital-, is appreciated.
- Excellent awareness of the tools that are typically used for photonics IC design.
- You hold a strong publication record and academic track.
- Previous experience and affinity with funded project management and proposal writing is preferred.
- A powerful network in the photonics industry and links to external (research) organizations is appreciated.
- Knowledge of photonics packaging and understanding of the AI concepts is a plus.
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
- You have an (applied) research mindset and the desire to stay up to date with recent advancements in state-of-the-art.
- Taking the initiative and responsibility, which means thinking pro-actively, working independently and having a critical and solving problem attitude are attributes that define yourself.
- You are someone who has a broad interest across disciplines and who likes to deliver quality.
What’s there for you
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salary.
- 100% employer-paid pension plan.
- Flexible working hours.
- Training opportunities.
- International environment at the forefront of technology.
Good to know
This organization is one of the best world-leading research and innovation institutes in nanoelectronics and digital technologies that bridges the gap between academia and industry. Working in collaboration with renowned and globally respected research institutes and universities, our client creates groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing and energy. As a trusted partner for other companies, start-ups and universities, this institute brings together close to 4.000 employees from over 97 nationalities and their offices are distributed in different countries across the globe.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply here below! We would like to receive a resume as well as a motivation letter. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
In case you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Ana Crehuet via email: boostyourcareer @ jointhedutch.com