Job category: Engineering
Education Level: Bachelor or Master
Work experience: Starter or 1-3 years
Ready for a new journey?
As a Mechanical Engineer you are responsible for customized design of Marine Propulsion Systems like thrusters, propellers and waterjet systems. You work on the replacement of old technologies by making adapted designs that improve the efficiency. Within multi-disciplinary propulsion upgrade or retrofit projects you will take the lead and responsibility of the interfacing engineering.
In this position you will be working within an internationally orientated organization within multidisciplinary project teams consisting of four different engineering disciplines, project management, purchasing, assembly, supply, installation and commissioning. You will be working in a team of approximately 9 other Mechanical experts.
What’s on your schedule
- The mechanical design of maritime systems including analysis of strength (FEM), vibration and alignment calculations and hydraulic specifications.
- Design according to customer specifications and requirements.
- Take care for effective & clear technical communication with the customer.
- Take an active role in improvements of design methods, processes and products.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Design experience in Siemens NX or other 3D design tools.
- Strength / fatigue methods experience with FEM software.
- Well-Developed communication skills in English.
What’s there for you
- Further develop their talents and competencies within an international working environment.
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Laptop with all needed technical software and mobile phone.
- International and multi-disciplinary team.
Good to know
The company is a global leader in marine technologies and complete lifecycle solutions. By emphasizing sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, it maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels of its customers. The company is a worldwide operating organization with service, R&D, engineering and production locations in every continent.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply here below! We would like to receive a resume as well as a motivation letter. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
In case you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Dre Schellekens via email: boostyourcareer @ jointheduch.com