Job category: Engineering
Education Level: Bachelor
Work experience: 1 – 3 years
Ready for a new journey?!
One of our clients is looking for a hands-on Laboratory Technician who will be part of an interdisciplinary team to contribute to the technology that will define tomorrow’s society.
In this role, you will be working in a start-up environment where lab research on a wide range of new sensor technologies is taking place. You will be responsible for the organization and coordination of laboratory operations as well as assisting (senior) researchers and students in their activities and experiments.
What’s on your schedule
- Coördinate laboratory activities and assist in setting-up new laboratory functionalities.
- Keep the activities of the lab functional and supervise the correct performance and maintenance of equipment and laboratory infrastructure.
- Take care of day-to-day operations including the re-stocking of reagents and gas canisters, instrument calibration, ordering of consumables and equipment, etc.
- Conduct experiments yourself (e.g. sensor characterization, lab set-up, etc) and prepare solutions and aliquoting of reagents.
- Drive the implementation of good practices in relation to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Provide laboratory induction training to new employees and students.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical engineering or Physics.
- 3 years of working experience in a laboratory environment.
- Good understanding and experience with Good Laboratory Practice.
- You have a hands-on and proactive attitude, good interaction skills and solving problem mindset.
- You are a quick learner and interested in acquiring new competences.
- Effective communication in written and spoken English and a good level of Dutch is highly appreciated.
- You are highly motivated to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
What’s there for you
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salary.
- 100% employer-paid pension plan.
- Flexible working hours.
- Training opportunities.
- International environment at the forefront of technology.
Good to know
The company is a research and innovation center that provides value to local, national and international stakeholders. Working in collaboration with renowned and globally respected research institutes and universities, this company researches and develops digital technology innovations in food, agriculture and health to create a healthier future. By working together with the industry, using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and digital technologies from different disciplines, they bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply here below! We would like to receive a resume as well as a motivation letter. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
In case you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Ana Crehuet via email: boostyourcareer @ jointhedutch.com