Job Category: Research & Development
Education Level: Master
Work experience: 1 – 3 years (after PhD) or 4 – 10 years (after MSc degree)
Ready for a new journey?
In this position you have the chance to work in a multidisciplinary team in a top research institute that works towards sustainability in the Agrifood and Health domains. You will conduct research on new emerging imaging techniques and develop image processing algorithms that empower more sustainable choices in the precision agriculture. These innovations are immediately applied and tested in field labs with our research and industrial partners.
What’s on your schedule
- Conduct research on emerging imaging technologies for the precision agriculture domain together with a team of hardware, software engineers as well as application specialists to create and test new concepts in the field of autonomous greenhouses, smart farming etc.
- Define concepts and architectures for image processing algorithms, using the latest computer vision and machine learning
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team. Understand (internal or external) customer requirements and challenges and translate these into specifications and solutions to be incorporated in the design.
- Validate your own designs experimentally in the field.
- Translate new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Msc or PhD degree in Data Science, AI, Computer Vision, Computer science or similar.
- 5+ years relevant experience in the image processing domain.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest computer vision and machine learning techniques that can be used for image detection, recognition and classification, for example ANN, kNN, SVM, PCA, LDA.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with emerging imaging techniques (must), for example hyperspectral imaging (preferred), tomography, SWIR, photoacoustic imaging (plus).
- Experience with the design and integration of tests for optical systems.
- Proficient in use of optical design software.
- Excellent working proficiency with Matlab, Python or similar.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
What’s there for you
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salary.
- 100% employer-paid pension plan.
- Flexible working hours.
- Training opportunities.
- International environment at the forefront of technology.
Good to know
The company is a research and innovation center that provides value to local, national and international stakeholders. Working in collaboration with renowned and globally respected research institutes and universities, this company researches and develops digital technology innovations in food, agriculture and health to create a healthier future. By working together with the industry, using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and digital technologies from different disciplines, they bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply here below! We would like to receive a resume as well as a motivation letter. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
In case you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Perine via email: email@example.com